Saturday, August 20, 2011

Keepsake Growth Chart

So, I've been thinking that I need to start a growth chart for our kids -- one that will be sturdy enough to be in the room with my kids and yet beautiful enough to be a part of our decor.

I saw this one at The Creative Imperative and it was just what I'd envisioned!
Here is our version:

It was so easy and cost nothing -- just stuff lying around our house!
I took a piece of lumber that my husband had saved from a burn pile.  Then, I took a small amount of barn paint and diluted it with water so it would have the "white-washed" effect and painted all sides of the board.  Next, I used a Sharpie to draw on the numbers and lines.  Finally, I added the hieghts of Ruthie at age 1, 2 and 3 and Asher at age 1.
What fun! A growth chart that "grow" with the kids and hopefully will turn into a fun birthday tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment