Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ruthie's Circle Skirt

So I made this skirt for Ruthie last summer and she didn't want to wear it...bummer.  But when I got her summer clothes out for this summer, she loves it!  And it fits better now, too!

It was so fun and easy to make.  I used this circle skirt tutorial from Made.  I did cover the waistband elastic with fabric -- I think plain elastic is scratchy around the waist...and since Ruthie doesn't tuck in her shirts, I thought that would be the way to go.
I used a vintage sheet for the fabric -- so fun with the bright flowers, and pink satin ribbon like bias tape instead of hemming -- so much easier!















And it twirls so nicely! 



Entering this skirt (just for fun) into the Crafterhours skirt week challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I have just stumbled across your blog, link-hopping from various other blogs while I drink my tea! It made me smile though, so thank you for writing it - I will be back :)

    ReplyDelete