Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ready and Waiting

We're ready and waiting for Hannah's arrival!  I'm 38 weeks along and "dropped" 2 1/2 weeks ago.  We're thinking she could arrive any day...we've been thinking that for a week!  I'm trying not to get impatient and just wait.

I went into labor with both Ruthie and Asher on their due dates.  Both were born early on a Sunday morning.  Hannah's due date is Saturday, September 8th.  Could be the same again (but I'm hoping earlier)!
I delivered about 2 1/2 weeks after Ruthie and Asher "dropped", but Hannah has dropped earlier, so we'll see!  I go to see the midwife today and will see what she says about where I'm at.

The "delivery" room is ready:

Food is in the freezer:

Clothes, diapers, blankets are washed and ready:

The swing is set up in our room (Hannah will sleep here for the first few months, then we'll move her into the pack 'n play, hopefully in Ruthie's room):

I'm trying to stay "caught up" with laundry, keeping the fridge stocked with North Woods Dressing, homemade yogurt and granola cereal, and keeping things clean.  I may cook and de-bone two chickens tomorrow so we will have chicken ready in the freezer for more easy meals (I'd do it today but I need to defrost the chickens first).

It is such a blessing to be ready and "just waiting".  God has provided the time and energy needed to get things ready.  The biggest blessing is that all the prenatal care, delivery care and postpartum care is already paid for!  We are part of Samaritan Ministries, a Christian healthcare sharing ministry.  It has been such a blessing to receive money and notes and prayers from other Christian families that are supporting us and rejoicing with us in the Hannah's upcoming birth.  All of the expenses have been covered (we have paid less than $500)!  So much better than insurance!

No comments:

Post a Comment