Saturday, February 16, 2013

Simple Tips -- Clothing

image credit

As a mom to three young children, I don't have much need for dressy and/or "fashionable" clothes.  I spend my days cooking, cleaning, changing diapers, nursing the baby, playing on the floor, homeschooling...not much need for diamond earrings, statement necklaces, silk and high heals.  Everything I wear has to be comfortable and modest in a variety of positions, easy to clean, presentable for the unexpected visitor/taking the kids to Awana/going to the store/etc, and my husband has to like it.

While getting ready to move to our new house, I was going through things and getting rid of lots of clothes...things I didn't like and/or didn't wear for one reason or another.  I was also trying to figure out what kind of clothes I did like...what looked nice and yet was still functional for my life.

I came across Project 333 and it has been a challenge and encouragement in simplifying my closet.
The basic premise of Project 333 is to narrow your wardrobe to 33 things for 3 months...then re-evaluate and choose 33 items for the next 3 months.

It has been a bit of a process...as well as using some birthday money to replace some things/get some new things that work better with my life as wife and mom.

Stay tuned for my winter list of 33!

Linking to Modest Monday at The Modest Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment