Monday, May 6, 2013

Kids Say the Funniest Things

This happened last week...

Ruthie (5 years): "We caught the bank robber!" (Holding out her hand with the imaginary bank robber in it).

Me: "Good job! What are you going to do with him?"

Ruthie: "Give him swats and put him in jail."  (Heads back upstairs with the bank robber).

 Later, after lunch, while putting Asher (2 years) down for a nap...

Me: "Climb into bed, it's time for a nap."

Asher: "I can't."

Me: "Why not?"

Asher: "There's a bank robber in there!"

Of course!  I should have known!  I pick up the (still imaginary) bank robber and set him in the desk chair; Asher climbs into his crib and takes a nap.

Later, after putting Asher and Ruthie to bed, I still hear Asher...and still hear Asher.

Me: "Asher, it is time to be quiet and go to sleep."

Asher: "No, there's a bank robber!"

Me: "Where do I need to put the bank robber?"

Asher: "Under your bed."

I pick up the bank robber and put him under our bed.  Asher goes to sleep. I should have known, right?!  You can't go to sleep with a bank robber sitting in the desk chair!  

Funny thing is, we haven't heard anything about a bank robber since!
I wonder if he is still under our bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment