Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Simple Half Circle Skirt

Our local thrift store often has "bag sales".  I love to take advantage of this great deal and usually find some great stuff.  During the last bag sale I found a really cute purple outfit in great shape for Hannah.  I also found a remnant of green interlock knit.  Even with little girls, I prefer the "leggings are not pants" viewpoint on modesty, so I knew that I needed to add a skirt to the purple pants:
I used the green interlock knit to make a half circle skirt and sewed it to the pants.  Super fast and easy!  Because it was a knit fabric I didn't bother with any hemming.  I just cut and used a zig-zag stitch to sew the back seam and sewed it to the waistband with another zig-zag stitch.  I took about a half hour total...and that included looking up a half circle skirt tutorial (I used this one).

Cute, easy, fun...and a happy kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment