Monday, January 19, 2015

Bubble Tunic for Project Run and Play

I like sewing blogs...I've learned some great techniques, been inspired and found some awesome free patterns!

Project Run and Play is a sewing blog that sets sewing blogger against sewing blogger to design and make kids clothes.  It has been fun seeing what people make and getting ideas for what to make my own kids.  This year they have changed their format and are doing a monthly contest that is open to all!  This month's theme is to make a bubble dress.  

I harbor no expectations to win anything but thought it would be a fun to participate as well as make more clothes for my kids this year.  And I'm excited for the monthly challenges to keep my creativity alive.

Here is Ruthie's bubble tunic!
I used the Cottage Mama's free party dress pattern (size 7) for the bodice and just shortened the skirt and turned it into a bubble skirt.  I added red bias tape around the waist instead of the wide sash...I wanted a more casual fun, twirly tunic for summer playing...but she will probably wear it some this winter too:
This tunic falls mid-thigh and it is great with skinny jeans and a sweater now and will be perfect for the summer with cut-offs (probably those pants, notice the patched knees!).  I've made this pattern as a dress before and loved it...it also fit for two years so I'm hopeful that we might get two summer's out of this one too!  And it really does twirl nicely:


I'm also loving how this mini flexi clip holds her baby fine hair so well:

What have you sewn lately?












3 comments:

  1. Looks like she couldn't stop twirling! That's how you know you have a winning dress.

    ReplyDelete