Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Fabric Stash Busting Dress #1

One of my sewing goals for 2016 is to use up the fabric in my stash and then to only buy fabric with a project in mind...and also to not plan many projects ahead so I actually get them done!

Here is a dress I made for Ruthie with some remnants from my stash:

The navy and white striped fabric is from a thrifted shirt.  I used the sleees to make Hannah a pair of leggings for under dresses and used the body of the shirt for the top of this dress.  The neckband and sleeve bands are a navy and white polk-a-dot knit that was left over from this shirt.  The navy knit for the skirt portion was left over from the same shirt...or maybe from this dress...it is the same knit, just got it at two different times!  The bright plum in an interlock knit that has been in my stash for forever...so glad that it finally got used!

She really likes it and I like that it is fun and super comfortable!

Yep, it is unseasonably warm right now...warm enough for a few minutes without a coat even though snow is still on the ground!

I'm linking this dress the Project Run and Play for their challenge, "Nothing but Knit".

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for using your stash! Love the little dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun dress, and I love the different fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete